Welcome. This is where you'll find my rantings or maybe something interesting I found while surfing the web. Feel free to comment. If you disagree and I'm very interested in hearing what you think. Let's get into it.
StumbleUpon Toolbar
Stumble It!


Visit luckypuppy.net
Digg!

24 April, 2007

Never Discuss Science with a Kid.


You never know where it might lead. My seven year old daughter, Rosie asked where do falling stars hit when they fall? I said, "Stars don't fall, what you see is a meteor."

Things then went all to hell.
Rosie: "What's a meteor?"
Dad: "A rock."

Rosie:"What happens when it hits?"
Dad: "How big a rock?"
Rosie: "As big as a house."
Dad: "Everything dies."
Rosie: "Even your friend, if they live on the other side?"
Dad: "Yep."
Rosie: "I don't think that would happen."
Dad: "It already has."
Rosie:"Really?"
Dad: "Have you ever seen a living dinosaur?"
Rosie: "Yes. No wait a minute, no."
Dad: "A meteor killed them all."
Rosie: "All of them?"
Dad: "Yes."
Rosie: "Did it kill everything?"
Dad: "Yes."
Rosie:"Then why are we here?"
Dad:"Well, it didn't kill everything."
Rosie: "What was alive?"
Dad: "Little furry animals."
Rosie: "Did the little animals grow up to be us?"
Dad: "Yes."
Rosie: "Were they little monkeys that grew to a bigger one, then a bigger one, then to us?"
Dad: "Something like that."
Rosie: "Why did that happen?"

At this point she has me kind of stuck.


Dad:"Because that is what God wanted to happen."

1 comments:

Unknown said...

If she were any smarter, I'd be scared. :)