Welcome. This is where you'll find my rantings or maybe something interesting I found while surfing the web. Feel free to comment. If you disagree and I'm very interested in hearing what you think. Let's get into it.
StumbleUpon Toolbar
Stumble It!


Visit luckypuppy.net
Digg!

27 August, 2007

Teen Miss South Carolina Botches her Answer



Let me help.....

The Question:
Recent polls have shown a fifth of Americans can't locate the U.S. on a world map. Why do you think that is?

Her Answer?

I personally believe, that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in out nation don't have maps and uh I believe that our education like in such as South Africa and the Iraq everywhere like such as and I believe that they should our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S. or er help South Africa and should help the Iraq and Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for our children.

My Turn:
WTF! "The Iraq"? Nice going on your "make or break" question.

Giving her the benefit of the doubt, the pressure was on and that's the point. To find an articulate young lady who can take the pressure of speaking in public.

I've got a swell head ache from listening to this over and over in order to type the transcript. I think the last word she says is "children" but it might be "troops". "Troops" throws her answer squarely into the Twilight Zone as if it didn't already have an express ticket.

Post a comment. I know you want to.

0 comments: